RE: Summarizing the last 192 discussion

Mark et. al.,

> - Noah and Chris appear to want to change 7.4.1.2 to say that if a
> fault is received on a 2xx, then FaultHint would be set to true.

The idea behind FaultHint when I introduced it into the framework binding
was as an abstract way of signalling information derived directly from the
underlying protocol - eg. HTTP status codes. As a hint, it's saying you will
probably find a fault in the associated message (but you might not). It was
*not* intended (by me) that it be set based on the content of the message.

Anyway... that was the original intent behind it, a hint that did not
require message traversal. It also, wrt Issue 192, it deferred the decision
on whether the 'hint' or the 'message content' be regarded as authorative to
the SOAP node using the binding. The SOAP node then needs to deal with the
inconsistent cases of faults being delivered without a hint and fault hints
being delivered without fault content.

Regards

Stuart