Re: text/xml for SOAP is incorrect

Anywhere where you route SOAP through underlying protocol
intermediaries.

For example, a corporation that forces all HTTP through a firewall.
Or an ISP that does transparent redirection to a HTTP proxy. or a
content delivery network (the business that I happen to be in right
now) which provides services at the 'edge' of the network. All of
these scenarios have the potential to transcode documents, and mime
type is the preferred way to select the candidates for
transformation.

We decided to use port 80 to allow reuse of existing infrastructure;
IMHO, we should try to interact well with that infrastructure.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/