RE: discarding incorrect namespaces

I guess probably not?

> I'd think this should be a situation that generates a
> Fault...

I think that's debatable. I guess that if its got a content type of text/xml
or even better text/soap.xml then it would certainly be reasonable to
respond with a SOAP fault in some early version (1.1) envelope namespace.
I'd probably also want to be sure that the it at least looked like the start
of a SOAP message... appropriate XML preamble and maybe a root element whose
local name is "Envelope".

I would remain cautious about blasting out a SOAP fault if the inbound
entity didn't look reasonably like a SOAP message.

Stuart