RE: issue #144 proposal - array metadata in SOAP Encoding

From: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:28:22 -0800
To: "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@systinet.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Right.  Thanks. I thought that mine is cheap to implement, fully
expressive and is more efficient than forbidding combination of
position-bearing and non-position-bearing elements.  It is a pretty
simple algorithm.

I think that my version implicitly forbids elements prior to Offset, but
this could be made explicit if that is clearer.  I agree with the desire
to forbid out-of-sequence elements; these are unnecessary and almost
certainly represent errors.