RE: issue #144 proposal - array metadata in SOAP Encoding

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:54:07 +0100 (CET)
To: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Andrew,
 I have gone a step further in my proposal (see the last
iteration [1]), I have forbidden combining members with and
without explicit position.
 I agree though that your set of rules would work as well. It has
the benefit of being able to explicitly specify the position only
on the first member in a contiguous segment of transmitted
members.
 My last iteration has the benefit of stating that there is
nothing before the offset, but I think this could easily be added
to your version as well. 8-)
 I tend to leave my restriction and move to your set of rules but
this may be making the rules a little more complex than
necessary.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/