RE: Issue 143: Client and Server fault code names

From: Oisin Hurley <ohurley@iona.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:54:33 -0000
To: "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>, "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@systinet.com>, "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
gudge sez:
>The issues are orthogonal. But if we decide to make one change ( hence
>breaking existing implementations ) it would probably also be worth making
>the other.

Agreed - may as well compress all of the substantive interop changes into
one act rather than dribbling them in bit by bit. My position on this is
that if these changes are good, right and true, then they should go in :)

jacek sez:
>>  I think that the impact on current implementations would not be
>> too big as the implementations already have to change the
>> namespace URIs to check against so this change can be
>> incorporated as well.

Yep - I think it's acceptable that implementation changes will be necessary
for this version up of SOAP. What's the opinion of the list on making
these changes?

 --oh