RSVP: Resolution to issue #29 satisfactory?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:03:33 +0200 (CEST)
To: <danbri@w3.org>, <bprice@us.ibm.com>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Hello Barbara, Dan,
 we kindly request your opinion on whether the following proposed
resolution to our issue #29 [1] is satisfactory for RDF and UML -
the groups you seemed to represent in our debate "re: Exist
non-serialisable data models?". The proposal is copied from my
message [2].

 The proposal:
 "SOAP specifies how to encode data from the object-graph data
model. SOAP also allows the encoding of other data models
representable in XML using custom encoding rules identified in
the encodingStyle attribute information item in a message.
Therefore no data models exist that are serializable to XML but
not serializable to SOAP."

 Please note that the issue 29 is based on our requirement R402
[3], therefore we ask you whether you see any obstacles in SOAP
that would prevent you from serializing data in your models, RDF
and UML, as data inside SOAP messages.

 The XMLP Working Group will most probably discuss this issue on
its next telecon on Wednesday, so we'd like you to respond by
Tuesday, October 30.

 Sincerely,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/