Re: SOAP Binding Framework Concerns

From: Kumeda <kumeda@atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:30:50 +0900
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
CC: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "'marwan sabbouh'" <ms@mitre.org>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hello Marc,

Thank you very much for sending comments to my post.

> PMFJI, but I'm a bit confused about the problem here. What's to stop me
> writing a binding spec that provides e.g. reliable request-response over
> an unreliable one way transport like UDP ? I.e. where the "binding layer
> provides certain functionality" like correlating requests and responses
> and adding reliability.

The point of discussion is, whether or not we need the binding "layer" which
provides certain set of functionality like request-response paring. In my
opinion before my post, and confirmed after reading the XMLP abstract model
document, the mapping "layer" provides just "mapping" as described in 5.1.4 of
the document. I believe required functionality should be performed within SOAP
or at the boundary of SOAP applications.

Best regards,
    Yasuo

--
Kumeda, Yasuo                          TEL: +81-466-20-2430
                                       FAX: +81-466-20-2431

Fujisawashi Kawana 1-12-2
Kanagawa, 251-8522 JAPAN