RE: proposed resolution to issue #30

I agree with Jacek here.  For those who have (blessedly?) forgotten,
there was an immense e-mail discussion of this issue during May - June
2000 that pretty well brought the other business of the W3C to a halt.
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-uri/

The result was that relative URIs were informally deprecated for use
in namespaces.  If that has not changed, and similar arguments that
led to this decision can be applied to the other URIs in SOAP itself,
it's still not clear to me what benefit xml:base adds to the SOAP spec.