Re: SOAP Binding Framework Concerns

From: Kumeda <kumeda@atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:58:21 +0900
To: Marwan Sabbouh <ms@mitre.org>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org

I fully agree with your modification with a minor comment that a SOAP module is
not considered as a layer....  What do you mean with "a SOAP module"? If you
mean a SOAP module an implementation of SOAP, then I think the functions should
be defined by the SOAP specification.

> You wrote:
> If some functions are
> not provided by a certain transport layer, such as request-response bindings,
> they need be defined within the SOAP specifications.
> I will add:
> .....  defined within the SOAP specifications, or at a higher layer.  An
example of
> this layer would be a SOAP application or a SOAP module.
> Do you agree?
> Marwan

Kumeda, Yasuo                          TEL: +81-466-20-2430
                                       FAX: +81-466-20-2431
Research and Development Headquarters
Yamatake Corporation

Fujisawashi Kawana 1-12-2