RE: SOAP Binding Framework Concerns

No... I am (or the TBTF is) proposing that a binding does not claim to
support MEPs that it doesn't support.
I (we) are not proposing that every binding support every available MEP or
feature, but that where it does (claim to) support a given MEP or feature
that semantics of that claim be well understood.

> Again, I don't understand why this is the function of the binding.
Shouldn';t
> this be a SOAP module?   And then again shouldn't this contract be between
the
> sender and receiver?

Where do sender and receiver start? Are messages singular in nature or are
there (temporal) relationships between messages - eg. request and response?
If there are... are those relationships evident in the SOAP message
themselves, are they evident in the operation of the underlying protocol
(and not explicit in the message) or are the evident elsewhere?

> Stuart wrote:
> So explain to me how you would describe the services of a particular
> protocol (or a protocol plus a binding). How would you describe its
> characteristics?
>
> The services and characteristics of a particular protocol are well
documented in
> their respective RFCs etc.  The SOAP implementors know them already.

So... maybe you could explain how to do SOAP over TCP... (perhaps unfair,
because you would probably prefer that the TBTF provided such an
explaination).
SOAP is message oriented, TCP is bytestream; There are perhaps no natural
message exchange patterns for TCP just a bidirectional pipe that is open for
a while and then closed. It seems to me that knowing TCP and the core SOAP
message processing model of Section 2 is not enough for interop. I think
that there is something missing.

> Thanks for the engaging conversation.
> Marwan

Thank you to...