Re: SOAP Binding Framework Concerns

Hi Noah;

Please forgive me if I am wrong, but let me see if I understand you.

You wrote:

1) We need to give guidance to those who invent the bindings of particular
transports into SOAP. ( Statement 1 )

Did you mean to say??
We need to give guidance to those who invent the bindings of a particular
feature ( such as Security, reliability, etc..)  into SOAP.   I said that
because you also wrote:

Those rules are invariant across
transports, and therefore should be captured in an invariant manner.
(Statement 2 )

Statement 1 and statement 2 seems at odd.

You wrote:

2) Whether WSDL is used or not, applications benefit from knowing whether
a pattern such as "Request/Repsonse" has the same behavior over two or
more transports, or not.  If it does, then the application can (if
desired) be written to be largely independent of transport.

Absolutely, This should   ALWAYS be the case.

You wrote:
but the binding framework
and MEP framework set out what's comment to all such patterns, and allow
one to make rigorous statements about which patterns are supported by
which transports and bindings.

I think this is outside the scope of this working group.  The best way to
specify that  a particular message pattern is  suitable across different
transports is to define that pattern first, then binds it to those
transports.  WSDL does exactly that.

Thank you
Marwan