Re: FW: Proposed positive text for XML Base

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:43:43 -0400
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Cc: chris.ferris@sun.com, dug@us.ibm.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Actually, since we'll now be based on the infoset, namespaces are
correctly applied to each element "automatically".  Of course, how a
particular implementation does this is not our business, and you may build
a system that in fact just gives you the "<..>".  Still, in principle at
the SOAP level, each element and attribute information item has a [namespace name] property [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.element

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>