Re: Comments/Issues on Part 1

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:57:31 -0400
To: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3c.org

My interpretation was that, from [1]:

"The relationship between a SOAP body block and a SOAP header block is as
follows: a SOAP body block is semantically equivalent to a SOAP header
block targeted at the default actor and with a SOAP mustUnderstand
attribute information item with a value of true."

which makes clear that any rule applying to header blocks also applies to
body blocks.  I do agree that we could be clearer, but I believe the
intention has always been to treat the two symmetrically.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-soap12-part1-20011002/#N40069A

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142