re: issue 29: exist non-serialisable data models

From: Barbara Price <bprice@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:10:59 -0700
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Cc: "Stephen Brodsky" <sbrodsky@us.ibm.com>
This is my first time posting to this mailing list, so let me introduce
myself.  I am the chair of the OMG XML Metadata Interface (XMI) Revision
Task Force.  XMI is the OMG standard for serializing MOF and UML  based
models, and their instances, in XML.

I've only looked briefly at this discussion thread and the SOAP spec.  From
what I've seen so far, we will want to serialize MOF and UML models
according to the XMI standard, not the SOAP data model, and use the
encodingStyle attribute information item as Jacek suggested.  I will look
into the limitations to XML contents within a SOAP envelope to see if there
are any likely to be any problems from the XMI side, and let this group
know what I find.

Barbara Price
IBM Silicon Valley Laboratory
Internet Address: bprice@us.ibm.com