Re: Possibility of an XML Document Type

This would be my perferred option as well. Short term, this may be unsuited to
large documents or performance critical situations, as you point out (although
there are work arounds), but medium term this will provide the easiest
transition to "nested" XML. I don't think we should require the extra S+A
bagage.

Jean-Jacques.