From: Rich Salz [mailto:rsalz@zolera.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 6:18 AM
To: Corda, Ugo
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Subject: Re: Possibility of an XML Document Type

> Yes, but I would prefer to reserve that for cases when it's really
> necessary, e.g. when the main XML document has image attachments.

I don't understand why images are "really necessary" and XML isn't, can
you please explain?

In general, I prefer attachments because the parsing is more efficient
-- I don't have to create an entire string only to (quickly?:) replace
it with an XML document.

--
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption