Re: Possibility of an XML Document Type

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 09:17:45 -0400
To: "Corda, Ugo" <Ugo.Corda@usa.xerox.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> Yes, but I would prefer to reserve that for cases when it's really
> necessary, e.g. when the main XML document has image attachments.

I don't understand why images are "really necessary" and XML isn't, can
you please explain?

In general, I prefer attachments because the parsing is more efficient
-- I don't have to create an entire string only to (quickly?:) replace
it with an XML document.

--
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption