Re: Issue 135 - Re: discarding incorrect namespaces

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:28:50 -0500
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: hugo@w3.org, xml-dist-app@w3.org, xml-dist-app-request@w3.org
Mark Hadley writes:

>> Once the receiver has established that the
>> sender is sending a SOAP 1.2 envelope (by
>> checking the namespace on the root element)
>> then any malformation of the envelope
>> would be a "Client" fault.

I agree.  So, version mismatches occur only if the root element namespace
doesn't match.  Client faults occur if root element namespace is known,
but there is any other "malformation" of the message structure (envelope
not named "envelope", body or header missing, perhaps due to bad
namespaces, etc.)  Right?  Thanks.
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142