Re: Proposal for hierarchical fault codes

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 18:56:37 -0500
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: XML Protocol Discussion <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

> Err, and why is this more difficult with the attribute based approach. I can
> just as easily map an XML attribute to the ORPCTHAT as I can an XML
> element...

I was being too subtle, perhaps.  I meant that if the SOAP fault uses
XML attributes, then a SOAP fault can't easily be transmitted using SOAP
RPC rules.  (Just like DCOM uses ORPCTHAT to convey exception
information back to the client.)

The rest of it -- hackiness of nested elements, parsing awkwardness, etc
-- is just opinion, so we can note it and move on.
	/r$
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com