Re: Proposal for hierarchical fault codes

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 14:32:08 -0500
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: XML Protocol Discussion <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
>    <xs:simpleType name='faultcodeenum'>

How about 'category' or 'faultcategory' for the name?

I dislike the attribute approach because I want to turn faults into
local exceptions and vice-versa, in a SOAP RPC environment (perhaps like
RMI or DCOM's ORPCTHAT parameter).  I dislike the nested elements
approach because it seems like a hack, as well as being awkward to
generate and parse.
	/r$
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com