RE: Issue 146 (default and anon actors, endpoints and ultimate re cipients - for danbri :-))

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:35:18 -0000
To: "'Doug Davis'" <dug@us.ibm.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hi Dug,

Whilst its tempting to dig into discussing the issue, I'd like to know
whether you'd like any changes in the way I've stated the issue:

"The terms 'default actor', 'anonymous actor', 'ultimate recipient' and
'SOAP Endpoint' are being used loosely as synonyms. It is not clear whether
a SOAP Node acting as default actor, anon actor, ultimate recipient, or
endpoint with respect to a given SOAP message may behave as SOAP
intermediary and relay the SOAP message to further SOAP Nodes. Stated
differently: Does a SOAP Message Path always terminate at the default actor,
anonymous actor, ultimate recipient or SOAP endpoint?"

I'm hoping that you think its 'good enough' to enable discussion (and
ultimately resolution).