Re: RSVP: Resolution to issue #29 satisfactory? (fwd)

 Dan, Barbara,
 can you please elaborate on why using SOAP Data Model and SOAP
Encoding is the preferred way for you?
 In my opinion if a SOAP message is to carry RDF or XMI data, the
data should be present in their "native" form, I don't see a
reason for transforming the data to SOAP Data Model.
 Do you suggest implementations favor the SOAP Encoding? In my
experience most implementation allow you to get to the XML of the
data and your application must already contain the
(de)serialization code anyway so it should be fairly simple to
keep that in your new SOAP applications.
 If mapping the data onto SOAP Data Model the application will
either need to be rewritten heavily to work with the new data
structures, or they need to do remapping, which must be written
from the scratch. In both cases the result is costly, while using
your native XML encoding should bring little cost when you make
SOAP applications.
 Do I have some of my underlying assumptions wrong? I haven't
worked much with RDF or XMI.

                   http://www.systinet.com/