RE: About the IETF list... (was: SOAP/XML Protocol and filtering, etc.)

From: Larry Masinter <lmnet@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:09:54 -0700
To: <fallside@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "XML Distributed Applications List" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> Perhaps we should discuss the meta-issue of "how to resolve this
> issue" rather than attempt to discuss the issue itself.

If you're going to discuss the process, you might consider
some issues of timing, since the issue has been on the table
for over a year:

I raised the issue about the lack of specificity or apparent
utility of SOAPAction in a protocol review of March 2000
(http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0004&L=SOAP&P=R18331&D=0&H=0&O
=T&T=1)

and repeated it in a recap listing 7 issues in April 2000

http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0006&L=SOAP&P=R24976&D=0&H=0&O=
T&T=1

which appears in the XML protocol issue list
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues
as issue 4 summarized as "Lack of clarity and design choices
in SOAP's HTTP protocol binding."