RE: SOAPAction Proposal

From: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 22:41:42 -0400
To: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>, "XML Protocol Comments" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
I guess I'd like to know what would be missing from SOAP
if the SOAPAction header did go away?  What would services,
firewalls...(whatever) not be able to do through some other means?
(And by some other means I mean in some means that is at least
a little bit natural and not convoluted)
You surely could a message as a  SOAP messages (and give it
a hint) through the use of content-types and/or through the request-
URI, right?  So what would be missing?
-Dug