RE: SOAP/XML Protocol and filtering, etc.

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:50:37 -0700
To: <moore@cs.utk.edu>, "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@akamai.com>
Cc: <ietf@ietf.org>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

The meaning of SOAPAction is not to say that "this is a stockquote
service" but to say that "I am sending you a SOAP message of a type that
is part of a stock quote service".

The difference is that one is a destination which is carried in HTTP by
the request-URI but the other is a hint about what is in the message.
This is why SOAPAction is a separate parameter.

Henrik