RE: SOAPAction Proposal

From: Krishna Sankar <ksankar@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:01:41 -0700
To: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <henrikn@microsoft.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>, "XML Protocol Comments" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi,
> Specifically I would suggest that the value be a stable URI that covers
> message types that are logically related like for example belonging to
> the same "service".
>
> Henrik

	This is good. From my limited world of B2B, would RosettaNet/PIP3A4/V2 be a
valid SOAPAction ? The positive aspect is that, without parsing the
document, one can direct the appropriate block it to the proper handler,
which then as a part of it's process, would validate that the payload is in
fact congruent with the SOAPAction. In this case, the SOAPAction acts as a
hint for the block handler.

cheers