Re: SOAPAction Proposal

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 17:16:17 -0400
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: marting@develop.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Just to be clear, although I am indeed intrigued regarding the possibility
of encoding a SOAP request in a URI, probably in conjunction with an HTTP
GET, it probably would be at best only sometimes be the right thing to do.
 In other words, an alternate HTTP binding, or maybe an option on the core
binding.  Also:  I saw a discussion a few weeks ago among some URI experts
who pointed out that long URI's are somewhere between discouraged and
forbidden.  I think that's really too bad based on the (0, 1, arbitray)
view of limits, but there it is.  Anyway, encoded in the obvious manner,
SOAP requests are quite verbose.  If anyone really wants to pursue this
now, we should probably switch threads.  Thanks.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142