RE: [i95, i22] - Proposal for clarifying use of SOAPAction

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 07:57:52 -0700
To: "'Doug Davis'" <dug@us.ibm.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I absolutely agree that thinking about a routing extension or module (I
tend to call them SOAP bubbles) as being one of the things that we add
is a great idea. This would also allow us to provide support for
intermediaries, bidirectional message paths etc which a single HTTP
header field doesn't provide and I don't think the overhead would be
that bad.

This was discussed at the recent Web Services WS [1] - in fact, I wrote
a position paper on the very topic of SOAP routing [2]. At the same WS
it was proposed that work on such modules would be part of a
yet-to-be-created WG. However, before we can get there we (this group)
has to settle as many issues as possible on our spec so that we provide
a solid foundation for these modules.

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/01/WSWS
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/03/WSWS-popa/paper41