Re: Must understand mustUnderstand proposal

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 17:42:11 +0200
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: XML Protocol Comments <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Martin Gudgin wrote:

> 7.    Is processing this at the ultimate destination enough? Or do we need
> to have evaluate this at every intermediary? <gulp>

I'd be tempted to say *yes* , because the faulty intermediary may be #1 out of
50, and it would be a pity to wait until the final receiver (#51) to find out
that the message failed 50 nodes ago. However, how would intermediary #2 know
about the problem, since it has currently no way to tell #1 came before it (#1
could come later; how would we differentiate, since we have no explicit path or
recorded route?)

Jean-Jacques.