Yet another plea for peace (was RE: Announce: A brief history of SOAP)

From: Box, Don <dbox@develop.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:15:48 -0800
To: "'Dave Winer'" <dave@userland.com>, "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>, "'Fredrik Lundh'" <fredrik@pythonware.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org, "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Dave, I've spent the last three years listening to your point of view. I
respect your right to your opinions, as well as the right to build a
community around Userland products and technologies. However, I am less and
less convinced that you are committed to a solid foundation for XML-based
integration. Your recent efforts to splinter the SOAP spec convinces me of
that.

I don't intend to waste time or bandwidth having a pissing match with you in
public or in private. Please "go in peace;" I wish you all the success you
deserve. I have made my opinions about BSG known, and have no need nor
desire to stop you from making XML-RPC the success you have always wanted it
to be.

Cheers,
DB
http://www.develop.com/dbox