RE: Announce: A brief history of SOAP

From: Krishna Sankar <ksankar@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:40:29 -0800
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Don,

	Lots of good state-of-the-SOAP observations. I have one comment - might not
be the most politically correct - but it is my humble opinion.

	I think metedata and context are the two important aspects we need. WSDL
(as a standardized metadata format) still has some holes (with no offence to
the writers) and I think ebXML TP would augment the WSDL. For a metadata
format especially for web services, which can cover a good spectrum of
"things to be specified", I have high hopes for a WSDL+ebXML TP combination.

cheers