Re: [i48]: encoding style { was [i47]: XML Protocol WG Issues list d iscussion }

marwan sabbouh wrote:

> [...]
> Regarding the points that Noah made during the telecon.
> Noah suggested that the soap encoding section is needed because RPC is
> modeled as a struct, and the soap encoding section contains the
> definition of a struct.  By contrast, the XML schema does not define a
> struct. [...]

I have gone back to the SOAP spec, but I still have difficulties understanding the
real difference between a struct and a piece of standard, structured XML. Is it
only that the struct cannot have nested elements, and that elements need to have
values?

Jean-Jacques.