Re: [i48]: XML Protocol WG Issues list discussion

From: David Ezell <David_E3@Verifone.Com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:19:11 -0500
To: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Self clarification...

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:32:48 -0500 David Ezell wrote in [1]:
>Personally, I believe that we should provide a way to identify a flavor of
>encoding rules to be used on message content (probably using the mechanism
>in SOAP but reiterated in our spec), and leave the actual encoding machinery
>out of scope for the documents we produce.

It seems that the above statment is not clear.  Please consider the following
as a clarification:

Personally, I believe that we should define the attribute in the envelope
which identifies the encoding rules which apply (as it is in SOAP/1.1),
and leave the details of the encoding itself out of scope for the documents
we produce.

Regards,
David

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Mar/0195.html