RE: SOAP actor model

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:35:15 -0800
To: "'Williams, Stuart'" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "'Mark Nottingham'" <mnot@akamai.com>
Cc: "'Mark Jones'" <jones@research.att.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

>I'd be interested to know of there has been any deployment of
>SOAP based solutions that involve SOAP intermediaries and
>routing of SOAP messages through intermediaries. I think it
>would be instructive for many of us if someone were able to
>describe the practical deloyment of such a configuration and
>how message routing issues were addressed in a particular case.

The interesting thing about this point is that *if* this is the case
then they are able to use the current SOAP composability model which I
would take as a sign that at least it is possible to do it without
support in the core protocol.

There are several ways in which I can imagine this being done btw and if
it is possible to layer then I strongly suggest that it should be.

Henrik