Re: (Attn -- AMG) revision of the Abstract Models for Module Processing and Attachments

From: Marc J. Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:27:34 -0000
To: "Mark A. Jones" <jones@research.att.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> 4. The result of a successful evaluation may be void or a response block.

In our previous discussion[1] I think you agreed to the concept that the
result of a successful evaluation may be void or one or more response
blocks. Or, to state this more simply, the result of a successful evaluation
is zero or more response blocks.

If we are to support this then I think the abstract model for module
processing needs to explicitly reflect this capability in the abstract
syntax grammar rather than hide it as an implementation possibility
otherwise the grammar will be unable to express the true processing
capabilities.

Thanks,
Marc.

--