Abstract Model contribution for module processing and also for attachments

From: Mark A. Jones <jones@research.att.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:32:49 -0500
To: Ray Denenberg <rden@loc.gov>, Ray Whitmer <rayw@netscape.com>, Marwan Sabbouh <ms@mitre.org>, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>, Stuart Williams <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
[David, Stuart:  I would like to be added to the Abstract Model
subgroup.]

[Stuart:  The attachment here reflects some thinking that I have been
doing on an Abstract Model specification for Module Processing.  It also
contains some ideas on Attachments.  I would like to solicit general
discussion and offer them as starting points for inclusion in the
Abstract Model document.]

[Ray D., Ray W., Mahwan, Henrik:  For me to think clearly about how to
consider RPC, I needed to first attempt to clarify some kind of abstract
model for Module Processing first.  This is what you'll find in the
attachment.  It makes a small reference to RPC.  If you like the
framework, then maybe we can clarify what RPC is in this context.  It
seems like it is primarily a convention for how to interpret the markup
in a block and how to interpret the return result.]