From: "Mark Young" <mark@kamiak.com>
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 10:32 PM
Subject: Problems(?) with http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding and its
use

Hi:

I think there may be a couple of issues with the schema at
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding

I've scanned the issues list and mail archives, and did not see these issues
raised.

1)  I don't read the XML Schema spec to support a minOccurs attribute on an
<attribute> element:

<attribute ref="tns:arrayType" minOccurs="1"/>

Not sure what the intent of this is.  Is it meaning to say that the
attribute isn't optional?

2)  OK, not an issue with this schema, but rather its use in examples.  When
one derives from the Array type defined herein, one would use restriction.
I read the XML schema spec to say that in doing so, one must repeat all the
parts that the subtype should have.  I guess that means that the
attributeGroups should be repeated in the derived type's definition:

<complexType name=MyArray">

    <complexContent>

        <restriction base="SOAP-ENC:Array">

            <element name="myElement" type="xsd:string"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

            <attributeGroup ref="SOAP-ENC:arrayAttributes"/>

            <attributeGroup ref="SOAP-ENC:commonAttributes"/>

        </restriction>

    </complexContent>

</complexType>

I hope I'm not sending this to the wrong list; I apologize if this isn't the
right list.

Regards,

Mark Young
mark@kamiak.com