RE: issue 78

I'm just wondering what's wrong with saying that the spec
isn't going to solve this issue and will leave it up to the
specific implementations to deal with?  The obvious answer
is that we need a common definition to be able to know how
to talk to one another, but that really is no different than
how we solve serialization.  The spec just happens to
show "one" way to serialize but you can define others.
I see boxcarring as the same thing.  If you like one approach
then use it, and propose it as a standard.  Much like
SOAP w/Attachments is just one way to solve a problem.
I tend to like the idea of building on top of the SOAP
spec with more specs rather than having an ever growing
single spec.
-Dug

"Frank DeRose" <frankd@tibco.com>@w3.org on 06/15/2001 11:58:53 PM

Sent by:  xml-dist-app-request@w3.org