RE: [soapbuilders] Element name escaping

Thank you very much for you questions about the SQL/XML Working Draft.

In fact your observation is correct that the rules you identified are
incorrect.  The Editor of the SQL/XML has agreed to change these rules
editorially in the next version of the document since they do not match
the rules as adopted by the ANSI and ISO SQL committees.  The text "if i
= 1 and X i+3, X i+4, X i+5 and X i+6 are all 'F' ..." will be changed
to "if i = 1 and X3, X4, X5 and X6 are all 'F'..."

We appreciate your feedback on the SQL/XML specification. Please let us
know if this response is satisfactory. If not, please respond to this
message, explaining your concerns.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329