Re: Comments and element content for serialization

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 16:44:02 -0400
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: W3C XP <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> Strictly

Well, that *is* the point of a spec, isn't it. :)

> according to Section 5 the 'ia' element would need to be of type
> Array in the http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ namespace or of a
> type derived from that type.

That's how I read it.  But when one of the real authorities (I'm only a
nit-picker, myself :) says Sec5 allows all that schema allows, I needed
to double-check.

So an XSD->SOAP translator should raise an error if min/max occurs are
other than [0,1] and the element has any siblings.

But I don't think the question in the subject line has been given a
definitive answer yet. What does soap say about comments in element
content?  That is, is "1<!--x-->2" a legal serialization for the number
12?  For the two-character text string "12"?
	/r$