Re: another approach to status codes, etc. in HTTP binding

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:28:19 -0400
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org

> I like to look to HTTP POST and PUT when describing what an application
> semantic is

Having looked at the RFC ("ooh look, my name in lights"), in particular
the "fundamental difference" paragraph at the end of text page 55, it
seems completely out of scope for SOAP, since the fundamental difference
-- the request URI -- is defined out of band.

So I'm sorry, but my opinion that bindings should discuss the most
effective way to tunnel SOAP messages is, in fact, even stronger now.
	/r$

--
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Signatures, Encryption