ODBC/JDBC interface over SOAP?

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:01:18 +0100 (BST)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Hi all

(Hope this is an OK place to ask (I wondered about www-ws instead)).

I'm looking for implementations that query SQL data services with SOAP,
ie. something like ODBC or JDBC. I couldn't find much with Google and
figured that if anyone knows, it'll be this list.

Why? I want to expose RDF query tools in a Web services context, and
have a hypothesis that this could mostly be done through something
JDBC-like...

If people mail me offlist, I'll summarise anything you come up with.

cheers,

--danbri