Re: xp requirement document specifies headers

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:24:47 -0500
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
On Mon, Jan 22, 2001, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> I think it would be nice to express this as a requirement and a
> usage scenario - maybe expand a little on Yves' scenario below.

Eric's example[1] is a good one: one could want to include an MD5 sum
of an XP message (or of a particular block) that every intermediary
would check over an unreliable carrier protocol, and it would make
sense to put it at the end.

His point of not defining two structures with the similar semantics
(two collection of blocks to be processed by an XP processor) allows
trailers.

Expressing this idea using a requirement is that the XML Protocol
object model should be kept simple, which would go in section 4.2
Simplicity and Stability (3xx).

  1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Jan/0121.html

--
Hugo Haas - W3C/MIT