Re: Role of intermediary

From: Frank DeRose <frankd@tibco.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:04:49 -0800
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
I hope not either. In fact, we've taken to calling such an intermediary a
"transport bridge." As you said, its function would be simply to take the
envelope off one transport protocol and put it onto another.

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 04:39:34PM -0500, Marwan Sabbouh wrote:
> I have this question to the group: Is there anything in the spec that
might prevent an intermediary for receiving incoming messages using one
protocol binding and forwarding them using another?