Abstract Model sub-group of the XML Protocol Working Group.

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:06:34 -0000
To: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Cc: "David Fallside (E-mail)" <fallside@us.ibm.com>
I have been asked to lead a small sub-group of the XML Protocol Working
Group to work on the development of an abstract model for XP as a starting
point for fulfilling the R300 requirement (an "architecture and
extensibility framework must be explicitly defined").

The sub-group has now formed and is using [1] as a starting point for its
work. We are aiming to have a more mature document in place for the next WG
face-to-face meeting at the end of February. We are also likely to produce
an interim draft in response to feedback we receive both from within the
XP-WG and from the members of this list.

I'd like to encourage you to take a look at [1] and post feedback on
'xml-dist-app@w3.org'. Technical discussion within the sub-group will also
be Cc'd to this list.

Regards

Stuart Williams