XML Formats for Message Oriented Middelware ?

From: Tobias Oberstein <Tobias.Oberstein@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:08:29 +0100
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
I reproduce a question already quoted in a posting :

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:48:44 -0600
From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Subject: xml-dist-app: XML, Protocols, and Distributed Applications

long time ago ..

"Have the W3C plans for a standard for web-based asynchronous
messaging providing such functionality as is found in a typical
MOM (such as IBM's MQSERIES)?"

Is there any activity subject to this topic or other w3 activities ?

I know of 2 related open source projects ..

OpenQueue http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=6869
xmlBlaster http://www.xmlblaster.org/

and I think, vendors will eventually fullfill this need.

greets,

Tobias Oberstein

"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin."   John von Neumann