Re: Integrating XP Into Web Infrastructure

From: Fredrik Lundh <fredrik@pythonware.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:31:20 +0100
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> To make an XML Server request through SOAP or similar mechanisms
> I have to create an XML DOM, populate it, send it through a dedicated pipe
> function, while sending an HTTP request with query string parameters can be
> done through a generic POST or QS method call.

footnote: depends on the interface, of course.  here's a
complete XML-RPC request in Python:

    import xmlrpclib
    betty = xmlrpclib.Server("http://betty.userland.com")
    print betty.examples.getStateName(41)

to make a SOAP request, just replace "xmlrpc" with "soap".

(I'm pretty sure it can be made as easy in any modern language
with decent reflection support)

doing the same thing via HTTP requires far more work,
even in Python...

</F>