SOAP meets RSS

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 07:43:08 -0800
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, <decentralization@egroups.com>
Most aggregators scan for changes once an hour, but in some situations we
want to know immediately when a channel has changed.

For example, we include "RSS Boxes" on several pages on our sites at
UserLand. When an editor routes a item to a box, we want the news to be
displayed immediately, but we don't want to read the RSS channel on every
hit.

Notification makes it possible to always be current yet conserve bandwidth
and server cycles.

More info here..

http://www.thetwowayweb.com/soapMeetsRss

Dave