Re: [AMG] Thoughts about path and intermediaries

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@caveosystems.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:53:36 -0500
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> If the XML Protocol Layer directly supports the notion of a path ...

Very well put!  I just have one question:

> We can also support the targeting of XML Protocol
> Modules at particular XML Protocol Handlers located at those processing
> intermediaries.

Do you mean targeting by the application?  I think this type of "source
routing" should either be left completely to the protocol layer, or it
becomes an application issue -- they must have a "business logic" reason
for directing it to/through a particular processor.

	/r$